Sunday 15 July 2007

A snippit into my mind

In the spirit of meandering back into babyville, I've been thinking about what I am going to do with my life when my babies are all grown up. Or even, what I am going to do to maintain some sort of connection with the outside adult world while fingerpainting with food-coloured corn syrop and duct taping diapers onto my son in the backwards position.

How does that saying go? If money were no object, what would you most want to do with your life? Job-wise, that is. Hmmm...what would I most want...get ready for stream-of-consciousness ramblings!

I am a teacher. That's what paid the bills when I was supporting T while he was still in school. I loved it. I loved my kids, some of whom still keep in touch with me via e-mail, facebook. etc. The fact that I still refer to them as my kids means something. Yes, I think I would teach, even if it meant never making a million bucks or living in a mansion or ever being in People. I would do it and I would love it.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to do something musical. Not the old standard of be a star, get famous, live in a mansion, be on the cover of Rolling Stone, but something related. I would be a songwriter. I've been doing it for years just for myself, but damn! If I could make money doing it, it would rock! Sell my songs to some artist who would then pay me royalties for using it. It's creative, it's musical...yes, I think I would do that.

On the other foot, I would like to try and publish a book. Not a novel, I have no hope of that. Poetry. Which I hear is really hard to do, since there's not so much a market for new poets nowadays. But I think I would do that. Maybe I'll give it a go, see if anyone wants to read my stuff. I don't care about the money, just the idea of sharing my weird twisted mind with the world.

But I guess I do that here.

The hardcover binding would be a nice touch, though.

What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. I'll probably go back to work as an SLP. Or maybe we'll be really rich by then (ha!) and I'll do lots of volunteer work.

    Or maybe, I'll start getting paid to write! That would be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh- thanks for making me think. I'm going to have to ponder this for a little while. Hmmm....if money were no option? It'd probably have something to do with writing and photography and helping people. But not sure what yet and not sure if it'd be in that order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about making people think. Teacher, remember :P

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?