What were you doing 10 years ago?
I laughed when I read this. Fortunately for all you out there, I kept a diary from the ages 12 to 18. So, after a quick look, I found my diary from 1997 and even found an entry from June 27/97, 11:33 pm:
I am so pathetic! Every love song on the radio reminds me of Brenton and they're all starting to make sense to me now. Every cartoon and TV show I see reminds me of him and us. I watched Aladdin and seeing Aladdin and Jasmine together in love made me think of me and Brenton. How pathetic is that! This feeling I have for him makes me act and think pathetically. You know you're really happy when you find yourself relating to love on cartoons! I'm even singing corny love songs and they're so beautiful! Just like our relationship!
Oh sweet blooming petunias. LMAO! I was 15 when I wrote that, just so you don't all think I'm a total loser. That is possibly the cheesiest thing I've ever read. I think this diary may be good for a laugh-a-thon at my expense.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I'll give you a hint: I was about 40 lbs heavier and wearing stretchy pants every day. Oh, and my stomach moved as though possessed by an alien.
Five Snacks You Enjoy
- Anything from Starbucks
- Apple slices and sharp cheddar
- Salsa and nachos to bring it to my mouth
- Celery with nutella smeared on it
- Stawnichy's sausage
Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To
Only five? Well, here are some off the top of my head:
- Possession - Sarah McLachlan
- Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
- What Hurts the Most- Rascal Flatts
- Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
- Angel - Sarah McLachlan (I used to sing this to S to put him to sleep or calm him down when he was a wee newborn)
Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire
- Pay off Andi's student loans
- Pay off Tony's effing contract
- Buy my Baba a new car and a condo
- Set up a scholarship in memory of my dad through the U of A or NAIT
- Buy a Starbucks
Five Bad Habits
- Playing the what-if game for EVERYTHING
- Chewing my nails
- Picking my acne, and Tony's. Gross, I know. It's a problem, really. Did I mention that I was crazy?
- Losing my keys
- Staying up too late and then bitching when I am tired in the morning.
Five Things You Like To Do
- What I wouldn't give to just be able to sit and play the piano for hours on end, composing and singing and being the creative me that has gone into hiding since August 25th of last year.
- Golf - when I can get away, and when I can get a tee-time
- Drink Starbucks beverages
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
- Bathing suits with the little skirts on them
- Mathing outfits with my mother and sisters (see above). Oh the humanity!
- Those really pointy-toe shoes. They look great on everyone but me.
- Any dress that requires me to go braless.
- Any bra size less than a D cup
Five Favorite Toys
I don't play with toys (much), but I used to enjoy
- Lego - and not the dumb pink ones. REAL lego, dammit!
- my old fisher price record player
- Ice cream pails - for collecting things, wearing as helmets,etc
- Broomsticks and string to go fishing in our ditch in the front yard. Oh, and rocks for bait. My dad loved that (insert sarcastic laugh here).
- Blankets and pillows to make forts in our living room. My mom loved that. Made cleaning SO easy, right?
As for tagging, my sister loves doing these, but she is behind on her memes, so I'll just tag Krista and Kara instead. The Kloganistas!