Sunday 30 October 2011

Bazinga!

I am not very artistic.  There.  I've said it.  I can draw stick-men like nobody's biz-NESS, but when it comes to actual, you know, art, I am not so good.

My husband, he draws good and stuff.  He actually took art in school, and by school I mean high school.  He still has a folder of all his sketches and dot-a-ma-thingies pointillisms and that sort of thing.  He does not do much of it anymore. He doodles for the kids and can draw a mean dinosaur by Sashimi's standards.
And when it comes to carving pumpkins, he rocks.

For Keesadilla, he carved his Backyardigan pal Pablo:
Hi, I'm Pablo!

Sashimi did his own pumpkin this year, start to finish, by himself.  He even added a little scar under the eye much later because he thought it would be spookier:
Definitely getting the art genes from his father!

And then Tony did a pumpkin for himself:


Dr. Sheldon Cooper - one of the most brilliant minds of the 21st century

Did I mention that he did this without using a stencil?  Who's one of the most brilliant minds of the 21st centur NOW?!

Coolest AND nerdiest pumpkin you will ever see. 

Bazinga!

2 comments:

  1. That Sheldon pumpkin made me smile. Ok, it may have made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are impressive!
    And for what it's worth, graffiti just makes me sad because most of the time, yes, it's swear words and other things that I don't want my 4 year old to know yet (shh, we won't talk about the swearing I do at home :(
    And yes, I'm too lazy to leave a second comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?