Thursday 12 July 2007

Is gravy a talent?

 


As tagged by my rockin' awesome sister-in-law/knitter in crime




1. Were you named after anyone? Interestingly, there are two stories to this. My dad swears that I was named after the Fleetwood Mac song while my mother says that it was after my great grandmother. I tend to think both stories are true. Good old communication in my house.

2. When was the last time you cried? You know, I can't remember. I think I've gone hard. Stone hard.

3. Do you like your handwriting? Sure! Although my students used to say that my z's looked like 3s. Oh well, what do kids know...

4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Stawnichy's garlic sausage. I grew up on the stuff. Used to eat an entire ring as a snack. Although I can't get it out here in T-town.

5. Do you have kids? Yes, a 10 month old boy.

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? I've been told that I appear judgmental, so I would probably think that I was a snob and snubbing myself,so I would start badtalking myself behind my back, and then probably not really want to get to know me, even though if I did, I would realize that I am not judgmental and that it's just my normal facial expression.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Fo sho!

8. Do you still have your tonsils? yup

9. Would you bungee jump? I don't think so. The opportunity presented itself with the possibility of scoring some cool points for doing it, but I didn't have the hroshi to do it.

10. What is your favorite cereal? Reese Peanut Butter Puffs. They're the perfect cereal/snack/junk item of the millennium!

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not so much

12. Do you think you are strong? Physically, I'm a tank. Mentally, I'm a fish tank in great need of some cleaning.

13. What is your favorite ice cream? I like ice cream in general. Of the regular kinds, chocolate chip mint rocks my world.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Smiles, how their eyes light up (IF they light up) when they talk about something. Then hair. I love funky hair.

15. Red or Pink? PINK

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I'm the worst at what-iffing when there is no need for it. And I'm an awful morning grump.

17. Who do you miss the most? This is a loaded question, as I live 3000 km from everyone I really know and love. So if I specify one name and not another, I'm in the chicken coup (not even good enough for the doghouse). Let's just say I miss my mom. That's a pretty safe answer, and it should earn me brownie points. Are you reading this, MOM? I also miss my dad, as he died when I was 17.

18.What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Jeans and naked feet.

19. What was the last thing that you ate? Indonesian Satay Chicken. That's right, I made curry.

20. What are you listening to right now? Silence. And it truly is wonderful.

21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Could I be a mood crayon and choose whichever colour I want to be whenever I want to be it?

22. Favorite smells? Stawnichy's sausage being warmed in the oven. The smell of success...otherwise known as a chocolate martini.

23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Julie

24. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Absomolutely

25. Favorite sports to watch? Figure Skating! Although I have not watched it since S was born.

26. Hair color? Blonde

27. Eye Color? Blue. Yes, I am Hitler's poster-child.

28. Do you wear contacts? Used to, but they never really sat well with my damn astigmatism.

29. Favorite Food? It's easier to say what I don't like: seafood, sushi, okra, zucchini, caviar, salmon.

30. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Endings that are so happy it's scary.

31. Last movie you watched? Pan's Labyrinth.

32. What color shirt are you wearing? Hot pink!

33. Summer or winter? Summer with the heat and the pools and beaches and wearing halter tops and daisy dukes...

34. Hugs or Kisses? Both. It's the French Canadian way! I kiss everyone!

35. Favorite Dessert? Sex in a pan (I've peaked your interest, haven't I) and trifle.

36. What book are you reading right now? Lullabies for Little Criminals

37. What is on your mouse pad? A cushy gel pad for my wrist so that the tendonitis doesn't come back.

38. What did you watch on TV last night? A whole lot of Everybody Loves Raymond

39. Favorite Sound? Someone playing the piano, especially if that person is less than 2 feet tall and laughs after every few notes he plays.

40. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles appeal to me a bit more, although they are before my time and interest.

41. What is the furthest you have been from home? Let me look at a map...I guess Greece.

42. Do you have a special talent? Not really sure. Is making amazing gravy a talent?

43. Where were you born? Peace River. Figure out where that is.

44. What superpower would you like? The ability to make people fall in love. That, or the ability to make babies sleep through the night.

Tag time: I'm going to tag my witty sister. She loves doing these things anyway.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I just read Lullabies for Little Criminals the book before last. Let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might want to play along.

    Your answers killed me - oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one wearing naked feet. How embarrassing would that be?

    And I have to say, the answer to the crayon question and the superpower of making babies were sheer brilliance. But I'm afraid I cannot forgive you for disliking zucchini and salmon. Shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note Andi: not MAKING BABIES, per se, making babies sleep THROUGH THE NIGHT.
    Just thought I should clarify. If making babies were a superpower, we'd all be on X-Men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Sarah. As you can see, I left my comment in the wee hours and did realize that it was making babies sleep through the night, but forgot to type the word "sleep" in my comment. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd count your roast chicken, perogies and that Ukrainian dish that start with an "n" as very special talents as well. And what about your piano playing, singing and skating talents?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your memes! A fun peek into the inner-workings of Ms. Cheese whiz and mustard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your real talent is joyfulness. A rare and valuable one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyfulness - that's one of the best compliments I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?