Monday 7 May 2007

Felting in a front loader - not so good

Success! My first pair of adult slipper-socks! They are to be felted, and although I did run it through the washer once, they did not felt as much as I wanted for two reasons:
1. Our hot water tank is set to “piss-warm”, but I really should set it to “my skull is on fire” hot.
2. Our washer is a front loader, meaning not a lot of water (normally a good thing) and not as much agitation to felt.

Other than that, I am very happy with the results.

I am making a chart of my friends’ and family members’ shoe sizes for future reference. Feel free to send me sock yarn at any time and I will gladly transform it into a magical wonder of feety comfort.

1 comment:

  1. I have a front load washing machine. When I felt an object, I make sure to put in only a few other items--- a heavy towel, jeans, and a few tennis balls...

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?