Thursday 6 September 2007

I guess I'll never see Pavarotti live

I am not that big of an opera fan, but I do appreciate talent.  There has never been and never will be another like Pavarotti.

Tony is a MASSIVE opera buff.  He loves Pavarotti.  He would have had a million of his babies, were that possible.  He had purchased a ticket to see Pavarotti in June 2006. I was pregnant and teaching, and didn’t think that I would want to see him.  Tony paid almost $100 for a nosebleed seat and was determined to see him, even if it meant going by himself.  Then, just a couple of weeks before the concert, Pavarotti publicized his cancer and postponed his tour.  Tony was given the option to reserve a ticket for the rescheduled concert, which was to take place in October.  Unfortunately, we were moving across the country before then and would have a newborn by October, so he reluctantly took a refund on the ticket.

It really is a shame.  I wish that Tony would have had the chance to hear such greatness in person.

Rest peacefully, Luciano Pavarotti.

Get the full Pavarotti story here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved his music too. I hate that I'll never see him either.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?