Saturday 24 February 2007

Thing One and Thing Two




This is the result of 2 whole nights of knitting. Actually, I think it took me about 5 hours or so, and some of that was spent trying to figure out how to make a stupid I-cord. THe story goes that it is called I-cord, where the I stands for Idiot, because if you follow the instructions and it doesn’t turn out, you must be an idiot. Well, I am an idiot.

However, the I-cord on this hat is only 1” long, and it is used to secure the pom pom, so it is more functional than for looks, and it serves its function, so who cares what it looks like. You can’t even see it.

And yes, I realize that it is NOT Christmas anymore, but I have leftover yarn and wanted to try it out. I purposely knit it to fit a 6 month (up to 1 year, depending on the size of the noggin) because I know about 6 or 7 gals that are expecting this summer, and their babies will be around 6 months old for Christmas 2007. Will YOU be the lucky one who gets this adorable hat? Only time will tell...

img_1318.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?