Thursday 4 January 2007

Random musings

Christmas has come and gone, and today is Tony and my 4th wedding anniversary.  He’s working late, and I just put Sacha to sleep so now I am left wondering if it is even worth catching the last 39 minutes of Ugly Betty, or if I should just ramble on my blog.

Rambling it is.

Teething sucks a big one.  Oh wait, I am not allowed to use that phrase, as it was invented by Paul the Great Orator, so I am supposed to give credit to him everytime I use it.  So there you go.

My Pepère is in a nursing home now.  When I saw him in November, I was thrilled that he remembered me. Today is Memère and Pepère’s wedding anniversary, too.  She told Tony that she wonders if he will remember.  Growing old is a bitch.

Other news:  Tony has been promoted to pharmacy manager.  This is ok by us - he is pretty much doing that anyway, but now it will be coupled with a pay increase.  This will most certainly all go to taxes, but hey.  It’s the principle of it.  Maybe now some of the techs at work will actually listen to him. I still won’t, but that’s another story :)

Global warming definitely hitting Timmins.  The temperature is ridiculously warm here, and everytime we get a dump of snow it melts within 2 or 3 days.  It's actually quite alarming, and I don't know how people can ignore it. Everyday is a record high temperature here (or within a degree of the record). I saw "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's got me all thinking about what I can do to get the message across to people that our consuming and polluting ways are going to destroy our ability to live.  Makes me scared and depressed all at once, since I wonder what kind of mess Sacha is going to be living in when he is an adult.

Ah, the worries and fears of parenthood.

Now on to another worry - well, not so much worry as annoyance.  Sacha has reverted in his sleeping to waking up 4 or 5 times a night, wanting ONLY to be nursed back to sleep.  Needless to say, we are all very tired in our house.  We are trying some strategies, but everything takes time and I am not a very patient person in the middle of the night.  But it's not Sacha's fault, he's just a baby.  If he was aware of the tiredness he made me feel and able to change, he would sleep through the night. I take solace in that.

Sacha and Tony have a pact (or so I hear) that Sacha is only allowed to poop when Tony is at work or on the crapper, himself.  This has resulted in  Tony not having to deal with anyone else’s shit for the last week or so.  Again, I know that it’s not Sacha’s fault, and that if he knew how much it makes his Daddy gag to change a poopy diaper, I know he would pull a fast one on Tony just for shits and giggles.

My sisters are both going through early-life crises, or so it seems.  One is moving to Ottawa for a new job, the other is quitting her job and moving with hubby to Edmonton to go back to school.  I wonder if this is genetic - am I due for an early life crisis?  Oh wait,being a mom makes me old, so I guess I’ll have to wait for my mid-life crisis to dye my hair bright pink and pierce my nipple.  Just kidding - I wouldn’t dye my hair pink (lol).

Speaking of piercings, when did nose rings become the norm?  Everyone I see has one!  In fact, one could say that I am the hip and cool one for NOT having a nose ring. Or an eyebrow ring, or a navel ring, or a telephone ring, or whatever other ring you so desire.

Lastly, I visited the Shania Twain museum a couple of weeks ago.  I was surprised - it was not a cheesy as I thought it would be, and that’s probably the closest I’ll ever be to a real Versace dress, so I guess I got my $9 worth.  Oh wait, Baba paid.  I guess she got her $9 worth.

Have a happy 2007!  Please, use public transport and push your Hummers and pick-ups off a cliff.  They’re killing the planet.  As are your highly inefficient incandescent lightbulbs.  Buy compact fluorescents.  They are SO much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?