Thursday 2 September 2010

I take my beets pickled

I am now sporting a hot new number: an ambulatory blood pressure monitor.  I get to wear the big cuff, with cord sticking out, and wear the battery-control pack around my waist (or neck, like a camera in the old touristy days) for the next 24 hours. I am glad that we are going to get to the bottom of this blood pressure business, but I was not anticipating this thing to be so BIG. (That's what she said.)

So I guess we shall see how much  my blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day and then my dr will decide what to do from here.  He laughed when I told him that I ate a pile of beets last night and that it actually brought down my blood pressure this morning.  But then he added "Beets are good for you anyway."  I did not mention that they were pickled beets.  Not sure if that is cheating, but they are SO GOOD that way! And hey, my bp went from 142/104 to 122/77 overnight.  So whatever.  I take my beets pickled.

2 comments:

  1. mmm pickled beets. it's the only way I'll eat 'em. And they are one of the few foods that I actually like to process. I like the way they slither out of their skins after I've boiled them. hehe. But anyhoo, I hope your blood pressure smartens up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds worse than a halter monitor! Hope the beets keep working for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?