Monday 11 December 2006

I am SOOOOOOOOOO tired

I am SOOOOOOOOO tired.  Sacha, ever since our little trip to the west, has decided that sleeping through the night is optional.  Actually, it’s rare now.  He seems to go down better, but wakes up an hour later, than sleeps maybe 2 or 3 hours, then wants to eat, then another 2 or 3 hours (if I’m lucky) and so on.  Tony says that I should just sleep when he sleeps during the day.  Well, I tried that today, and I am MORE grumpy and tired than normal.  What the Florida Keys? How does that work?

Well, Sacha is the king of catnaps, thanks to the genetics he inherited from his Memère, so he only sleeps for little spurts at a time.  By the time I fall asleep, he wakes up about 5 or 10 minutes later, and then I am totally exhausted because I have been deprived of the sleep I was just entering in addition to all those lost hours from just having a baby.

Tony says that I whine too much about the sleep and that eventually I’ll get used to having less sleep and feel fine.  I don’t know about that; maybe Tony will just get used to hearing me whine about how tired I am and not notice anymore, therefore thinking that I am fine.
Does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?