it appears that I have been on hiatus for some time. The small people have not been very forthcoming with blog fodder, and my life has been pretty boring. But in the spirit of keeping people up-to-date, this post is pretty much about nothing, but informed nothing.
1. Sashimi went back to school. Hallelujah freaking hallelujah! The night before going back to school, while talking about it with my parents at the dinner table, Sashimi looked at me and said: Are you only excited for school to start just to get RID OF ME?! I looked at my mom, who avoided eye contact with me. Tony did the same. What? Am I THAT easy to read? Hell yes I wanted Sashimi out of the house. Not necessarily getting rid of him, but I needed for him and Keesadilla to not be together during the day, you know, make them miss each other, absense makes the heart grow boogers, all that stuff.
2. Buuuuuut that backfired. Turns out that although Keesadilla misses his big brother like crazy, big brother doesn't give a rat's hairy behind about being nice to little brother when he gets home. For the first few days, Keesadilla was so anxious for Sashimi to come home that he would ask to wait for him at his bus stop. Sashimi actually told me that he did NOT want us coming to meet him. Then he hit his brother over the head with a golf club. Or maybe he just shrugged out of a hug. Whatever it was, Keesadilla was not very impressed. I think then there was some punching in the face, and throwing wooden trains at someone's head, or something like that.
3. Topping that craptastic cake off is...drum roll please...sleepwalking! That's right, our oldest child is now a habitual sleep walker. Sleep walker-talker-wanderer-cryer, while his siblings snore soundly in their beds. Sometimes he takes a pee while sleepwalking and I cringe wondering how much of it actually hits in the bowl. Turns out his sleep aim is pretty good. Better than Keesadilla's awake aim. Maybe sleep-Sashimi should teach awake Keesadilla how to take a piss. Now if I could figure out a way to arrange for that to happen...
4. My days at home with only two kids have been quiet. Well, mostly. Kinda. Whiny, actually. I've been working on the whineroad, all the freaking day...and then iBean has learned how to throw little fits. Stomp stomp stomp and arm-flail arm-flail arm-flail. Maybe beat head into cupboard a few times when mommy won't give her any more toddler toothpaste. MAAAAMMMMMY! PAH-PEEEEE!!! NONONONONONONONO!
5. Fortunately for her cuteness sake, iBean has taken up nail painting. Or nail colouring, when nail polish is otherwise unavailable.
Unlike Awesomesauce. I can totally pull that word off.