- My thyroid is underactive right now. It has been a bit all over the place (it was hypo in January just before I had iBean, then hyper in April, now back to hypo). It is not uncommon in postpartum women for the thyroid to be a little wonky, so my doctor put me on synthroid and we will be monitoring my TSH, T3 and T4 (and thyroid antibodies) to see if this is a permanent thing or if it will resolve and resume normal functioning.
- I have protein in my urine. Again. After having iBean, over the course of my hospital stay the protein had pretty much gone away, but now it is back. Weird, right? Right. My doctor thinks so, too. That, along with my high blood pressure, convinced him to refer me to an endocrinologist in the city. I am an interesting case, or so I have been told.
- My doctor changed my blood pressure medication. Tony is filling that prescription as I type.
- I have to go back for more bloodword next week to test for all sorts of other things related to kidney functioning and the endocrine system.
- I produce roughly 2.5 L of urine in a 24-hr period. Apparently this is a-ok.
- I weigh less now that I did before getting pregnant with iBean. I gained 40 lbs while pregnant with her and managed to drop it ALL in 4 months. I think the hyperthyroidism had something to do with that, but I am currently at a weight that I have not been since I was 19. Not sure if that is good or bad. Definitely need to invest in a belt or smaller pants.
Stay tuned for more details on my fascinating case.