Sunday, 7 October 2007

I've become THAT woman

I'm 9 weeks along.  Clearly, this is not far enough along to wear maternity clothes, as I in no way look maternal.  But, seeing as this is pregnancy #2, things are not as constrictive as they used to be, and the weight just seems to be packing itself right onto my belly.

Now, I can still wear my clothes.

Disclaimer: I typically wear MILF style clothing - low rise jeans, snug-boobie-hugging shirts.  Now, my jeans fit, but there is an element of muffin topness to my body that just won't be denied.  That, and wearing a tight shirt makes the muffin seem more like a chiffon cake bursting out of the top of the pan.

I refuse to take out my maternity clothes.  I got so sick of them last time, I never wanted to see them again.  But I also do not really think it's smart to go out and buy new clothes for this stage of inbetweeness.  So what do I do?

I am wearing my husband's clothes.  That's right.  The last day I brought Sacha to our community playgroup, I wore a pair of my torn-up jeans with a "Jesus Saves" T-Shirt, size LARGE.  It has a picture of J-boy wearing goalie equipment and catching a puck in his goalie's mitt.  Classic shirt.

But on me: Just call me Frumpy McMuffinTop

8 comments:

  1. We do what we have to do. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any yoga pants? God, my yoga pants saved me during that awful in between time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't pregnancy grand? ;)

    I also used yoga pants for that inbetween stage..I also wore pj pants the rest of the time...even in public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you don't have to wear those awful tent tops that used to be in style when I was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Check it out! While looking through the blogosphere we stumbled on an interesting post today.Here’s a quick excerpt-hugging shirts.  Now, my jeans fit, but there is an element of muffin topness to my body that just won t be denied.  That, and wearing a tight shirt makes the muffin seem more like a chiffon cake bursting [...]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apparently wasn't alone in my pregnancy fanned infatuation with yoga pants. Those and D's sweats got me through the worst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll find something that fits perfectly. And who says you can't be a hot preggie MILF? Rock on sistah-friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am 12 weeks and had to get out the maternity tops already because of the "muffin top", I knew I would show sooner with the second but the only thing showing is the flab left from the last one.
    P.S. I hate maternity clothes! Love my husbands jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?